I watched the movie Fireproof.. I know I am a bit late on this bandwagon.. It came out some time ago.
Although it it was a pretty cheesy "B" movie. It had a powerful message.
                        
In the movie the young couple had been married 7 years. 
I found that kind of humorous.
Everyone always talks about the problems that can occur in a marriage around 7 years.. (the 7 year itch) The wife is insisting on a divorce.
It seems their marriage is doomed, but the Husband played by Kirk Cameron is not willing to let it go. 
He goes to his father for advice.  Who in turn gives him a hand written guide.  The Love Dare , A 40 day Journey to try to save his marriage.


I want to do this challenge as a way to strengthen what is already pretty good..
But maybe that is just it.
  It is just pretty good not the "BEST"  it can be.. 
and I am ready to make it that.


Day 1: 
Love is patient

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

—Ephesians 4:2 NIV

TODAY’S DARE


The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It’s better to hold your tongue than to say something you’ll regret.

That's it, Day 1. Easy enough, right? I start most days with  A LOT of negative messages running through my head. I can't get out of bed without them on most days. I am not, nor have I ever been, a morning person. 
 BUT, 
I realized today that, normally, as I mutter my way through the early morning, I also growl at everyone else around me. What a lovely way to start not only my day but theirs! NOT!


I am going to make a conscious effort this morning to turn off the negativity, Not just THIS MORNING  but every morning.


I am not sure how this is going to work. We have a good marriage, but who doesn't
need a little extra kick in the behind., a little extra romance? A SOLID FOUNDATION.


I loved the Idea of  FIREPROOFING...


I hope to find through this that nothing will get us. We will have a Fireproof marriage.
Follow me trough this. Join in if you like.. it can't hurt anything. It can only help.






P1010009