Warm potato S
alad with Mustard Vinaigrette Recipe:
- 2 1/2 pounds red new potatoes
- 1/2 pound slab bacon, cut into lardons and cooked until golden brown and crisp, 2 tablespoons drippings reserved
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
Put the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and season with 1 tablespoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil and cook until tender when pierced with a knife. Drain, let cool for a few minutes and quarter
While the potatoes are cooking, whisk together the drippings, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, and then stir in the chopped basil and parsley.
Add the warm potatoes and the bacon to the vinaigrette and gently fold to combine.
Foolproof, Flawlessly Seasoned Entrées – Always Juicy and Tender