i was reading about choosing a word for the year as your "theme" to gide you during the year.. this is an excellent idea that can actually take the place of resolutions. instead of coming up with big goals to achieve, you focus on a word during the year instead.

to make sure i would choose the best word for myself, i looked at lists and gave much thought to the word i would choose, but none of the words really popped out at me. i thought of gratitude, discipline, balance, and grace... all good things to strive for, but none of the words sounded right.

it seemed that no matter what path my brain took, i kept going back to the word "faith." my problem with faith is that i have faith in God, but i don't internalize what that word really means. instead, i worry... about everything! if i truly have faith, i must leave everything in God's hands. then, there will be no reason to worry! so, my decision was made. my word for 2009 will be "faith."

and "joy!" always joy

i couldn't stick with just one word. i figure that "faith" will free up some space in my life, which in turn will allow me to embrace more completely the "joy" in my life.

if you're interested in taking this journey, you can read more about a word for the year here at  
The Zen in You and at Christine Kane's blog. Best wishes during 2009!